In Loving Memory of Clayton

In Loving Memory of Clayton-

The mention of my child’s name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you really are my friend, please don’t keep me from hearing this beautiful music: It soothes my broken heart and fills my soul with love.



Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy 7 month Birthday Clayton

Happy 7 month birthday Clayton. Where have the months gone? I know I say this every month, but I can't believe it. We've gone from summer, to making it through Christmas. Which let me tell you, I am go glad is over! Christmas wasn't as hard as i prepared myself for it to be, but little things got me. I think it was a little bit easier because I am caring his little sister, the one he wanted us to have. 

I started going through Clayton's clothes & all the baby stuff that was intended for him. Not an easy task, but one that brings me joy & sadness all at the same time. I laugh at how many clothes that boy had, but know that his sister is going to have even more! Marcus & I have decided to pack away all of Clayton's clothes and not get rid of them, for the hopes that maybe someday, his "little brother" can use them. Oh what a day that would be! 
As I go through his things, I think of the little boy who he was supposed to be & the little boy he is now. He would be 7 months today

I thought today's birthday blog was the perfect time to show you all the prints we got framed & matted with a saying from "his" book & with a memory plaque. We plan to donated these in the next few weeks to the University of Iowa NICU, where we spent all the days of Clayton's wonderful life. I am so happy how they turned out & will miss looking at the every day in my living room, but I know all the families that will love them & know the love behind Clayton Michael Henning's life.

the the first 3 are 18 x 24 & the last 2 are 24x30






All of the framed prints have a memorial plate in the lower right corner that looks like this!




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Emily! What a wonderful idea!
    Big Hug, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claytons Love will always be with the University of Iowa NICU !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a nurse in the U of I NICU and I remember your beautiful baby boy. I was working today when your lovely pictures were hung up all around our NICU. I stopped and looked at each one. They brought tears to my eyes. They are absolutely amazing! I am so thankful you donated these to the NICU. Our walls needed some fresh, beautiful art, and what better way to honor your son? Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm sure future NICU families will find hope and love in the pictures and messages. Such a beautiful legacy for Clayton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! please send me your email address & name- my email- slvchair001@yahoo.com

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful tribute! Thank you for sharing!

    Kristal

    ReplyDelete