In Loving Memory of Clayton

In Loving Memory of Clayton-

The mention of my child’s name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you really are my friend, please don’t keep me from hearing this beautiful music: It soothes my broken heart and fills my soul with love.



Wednesday, August 24, 2011

2 months ago- we said our goodbye

I have been anticipating today, all week long. The 24th, the day we said our goodbyes. I didn't sleep at all last night, I just laid there, thinking about how life was so different now, and thinking about how life would have been? I wouldn't have been sleeping anyways :) so that wasn't much different! I can remember his last night & morning so well, like it was just yesterday. I remember it with beauty and courage, but most of all, with LOVE.  It has been one hell of a ride the last 2 months since all of that. Many low points, but many high points too!  
I have chosen this picture for many reasons, but I wanted you all to know the wonderful LOVE story behind it. When we were married I searched for a "good" song as Marcus would call it, not the same old same old wedding dance song. I came upon the song, "this kind of love" by sister hazel, I fell in LOVE! Marcus did too! So the song was our first dance song. A few years down the road, while I was planning the decor of Clayton's nursery, I ran upon a sign that said, "can't get enough of this kind of love." which was a lyric in the song! I knew i had to have it for the nursery. During all the time we spent with Clayton when he was sick, I always listened to the song, & I used it for his memorial video and just felt it was exactly how i felt about our marriage & our son. So the picture you are seeing is the sign in the nursery, and its right, I just can't get enough of this kind of love. 
You can hear the song on my playlist on the bottom of the blog.

So today, 2 months after Clayton went to heaven. I reflect on the LOVE his life was, is and will always be.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment