In Loving Memory of Clayton

In Loving Memory of Clayton-

The mention of my child’s name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you really are my friend, please don’t keep me from hearing this beautiful music: It soothes my broken heart and fills my soul with love.



Thursday, August 25, 2011

Love Unconditionally

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever."......


Clayton's hand and foot mold

I can’t imagine what our lives would have been like, had we not had Clayton. He showed us what unconditional love felt like. When the day is over and I have nothing else but LOVE.
As a husband and wife, we have silently learned to support and depend on each other. I knew we were always capable of this, but it was through this time as parents that it surfaced.  I like to think I am a better wife, a better friend, and I will be a better mother.  I have my memories. Some good, some not so good. I have my faith. And I have all of you, friends, family & strangers, who have been there along side us, holding us up.
I have loved deeply. I have lost greatly, and I will grieve always. If I could take only one bit of this experience and pass it along, I'd say to
LOVE UNCONDITIONALLY 
Love those seen and those unseen. loving unconditionally, for the most part, will not stop any of the heartache. But when it does, accept that this heartache is the consequence our unconditional love. Don’t try to get rid of it. Accept that because you have loved unconditionally, you will grieve greatly. Take your own time to grieve, not someone else’s. And one day, you also will feel the broken pieces of your heart start to come together again.
My pain, my grief and my heartache are the consequence of loving deeply, loving unconditionally, and the death of  the greatest love in my life.
There is a quote that really fits this:
“Tis better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.” 
- Alfred Lord Tennyson

XOXO-em
p.s- I am wanting to order rubber bracelets in honor of Clayton & as a fundraiser for the university of Iowa children's hospital & MDA walk (that we will be having a team for in February,more on that walk later)
I would like saying suggestions.
so far my ideas are:
you are loved
 - this saying is from the book wherever you are my love will find you
love you forever   
Always with me 
any suggestions would be awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you both for sharing your wisdom, your grace, and your unconditional love.
    With gratitude,
    -Theresa

    ReplyDelete