In Loving Memory of Clayton

In Loving Memory of Clayton-

The mention of my child’s name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you really are my friend, please don’t keep me from hearing this beautiful music: It soothes my broken heart and fills my soul with love.



Thursday, September 15, 2011

little band of memory

I am so humbled by all the continued love and support we receive from everyone. Especially with the resent request for Clayton's memorial bracelets, with every single request, my  heart is mending back together, bit by bit. Although I will never mend completely, I find comfort in this  & I smile when I look down at my wrist and remember my  sweet boy that has given so many people a gift, a gift of LOVE. With the little black band of memory I am also reminded of the journey we have been on. It's be one hell of a ride! I continue to "keep on trucking" on down the road! It hasn't been easy, but in some way, I am thankful for it. It has opened my eyes to LIFE & LOVE, sure there was life & love inside me before, but nothing compared to this. I am not the same person, but I know I am a better person because of all this.  I know this is the life God intended for Clayton & us to have, although i dont yet know why, nor am i yet "happy" about it, but I know that this is all I have and I'm left to make the best of it. 

So on I go, "keep on trucking"  and being thankful everyday for what I do have, with the little black bracelet following me on the journey.

2 comments:

  1. Good seeing you today Em. When I picked Dylan up that was the first thing he asked- if I had picked up the bracelets. Then he asked me when we got home if I thought he could shower in it -I said sure nothing will happen to it- he said yeah but I don't want the letters to fade. I just hugged him tight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both continue to amaze me with your courage and conviction. God has sent you a special blessing in your writings and continue to teach us all to slow down and be thankful for what we have! I thank you for that! God Bless you . Love you!

    ReplyDelete