In Loving Memory of Clayton

In Loving Memory of Clayton-

The mention of my child’s name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you really are my friend, please don’t keep me from hearing this beautiful music: It soothes my broken heart and fills my soul with love.



Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy 4 month B-day Clayton

Happy Birthday little man!! You'd be 4 months old today, wow has time gone by. Some days I think it feels like just yesterday, others I feel like it's been a lifetime ago. Maybe it's because of how much I've changed. This journey sure has changed me, thanks to Clayton. This is the journey God had planned for us, it's a hard journey, but it is making me who I will be tomorrow.

So today, on Clayton's 4 month birthday. I reflect back on the other month birthdays, this one feels diffrent. Maybe it's because I'm getting used to the ache in my heart, or maybe it's because I know Clayton is in heaven having a wonderful time. It doesn't make me miss him less, it just makes it hurt a little less.
I have talked about my obsession with reading, well one of the books im deap into now is "Healing a greiving parents heart" it has 100 things to help mend your broken heart.(well attempt to) One suggested, writting a letter to your baby. So I thought it was good to do today, on his 4 month birthday.


Dear Clayton:
what i miss the most about you: I miss your sweet face & wild man hair! but really I miss your spirit, your strength & your Love.
what I wish I'd said to you: nothing really, I told you that you were such a strong boy & that Mommy & daddy loved you so much & that it was ok for you to go to Heaven, we'd see you again someday! 
what is the hardest for me now: It's the milestones, the firsts I don't get to experience, not that I never will someday, I just miss them with you, I wanted them with YOU!
What I'd like to ask you: who held you first in heaven? & will your siblings be healthy?
I'm keeping your memory alive by: talking about you daily, having your pictures all over the house, writing a blog, your memory bracelets, a just simply loving you with every breath I take.

I love you & miss you so terribly much, because of you, I have truely been given a wonderful gift. A gift of unconditional love. I have learned life isnt always easy, nor fair, but remembering the past, allows hoping for the future possible.
I Love you Clayton Michael- Happy 4 month birthday! XOXO-Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment