In Loving Memory of Clayton

In Loving Memory of Clayton-

The mention of my child’s name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you really are my friend, please don’t keep me from hearing this beautiful music: It soothes my broken heart and fills my soul with love.



Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy 9 month birthday little "rookie of the year"


Happy 9 month birthday Clayton!!! Happy Birthday! I feel like this is such a milestone to celebrate! As time passes, Clayton's birth months have different feelings behind them. This month I reflect on the fact that he'd be 9 months, holy crap! I have survived life without him for 8 months! I also think about this months birthday in a different way these days,  I am that much closer to meeting Clayton's little sister.  It's such an odd feeling, counting up the months that i've been without Clayton, yet counting down until I get to meet little miss henning. Talk about mixed emotions! I think i've done pretty well at maintaining my sanity, yet some days I just pray for the month of May to hurry up and get here. One minute I am still so devastated with Clayton being gone & the next I'm folding little pink clothes. It's just so very hard to explain. I can not wait until the day she is here, safe & sound. So I can begin telling her all about her brother and his wonderful life. I know in my heart that the reason Marcus & I are going to be parents again, with her due date so close to Clayton's birthday, is because of Clayton. I know he wanted this life for us. So today, which would have been his 9 month birthday. I remember him & thank him for bringing me comfort in my days of weakness. For if it weren't for him, I wouldn't be the person i am today.

This last weekend was the local MDA muscle walk. We had put together team Clayton, in memory of Clayton. The walk went wonderfully! It was a wonderful way to help others affected by muscle disorders all the while walking in the loving memory of Clayton. Team Clayton raised just under $4,000.00 for the MDA and was honored with "rookie of the year" most money raised by a new team!!! It was such a huge honor! I was caught off guard by the emotion I would feel about it, but knew it was all for the LOVE of my son, Clayton! We hope to continue to walk every year for team Clatyon, & for his memory. I thank everyone who donated to the MDA and also all who walked and supported us. We continue to be humbled by everyone's love & support.

1 comment:

  1. Your posts always make me cry:)I just can relate so well. I can't wait until you have her in your arms either.How sweet that will be.

    ReplyDelete