In Loving Memory of Clayton

In Loving Memory of Clayton-

The mention of my child’s name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you really are my friend, please don’t keep me from hearing this beautiful music: It soothes my broken heart and fills my soul with love.



Sunday, June 24, 2012

1 year ago

Today, 1 year ago, we said our "see you laters" to Clayton. I don't like to think of it as us saying our "goodbyes" because we told him, we'd be with him always and "see him later" in heaven.  We had prepared to let him go onto heaven, where we knew his life would be beautiful.  It was the hardest, yet easiest decision of our lives. Hard to let the love of your life go, but easy because it was the wonderful life Clayton deserved.  As parents you dream of giving your child everything they need & providing a wonderful life for them, with Clayton we were giving that to him earlier, the gift of a wonderful life in heaven, free from pain and limitations.
As this year has passed, I can't believe how far we have come, in our grieving, in our love & in the blessings we've been given. Today, I am forced right back to the day 1 year ago & I can't believe we have survived. I remember his sweet face & smell and how I kissed his cheeks, just like it was yesterday.  I remember Marcus & I telling him, it was ok to go, to go onto heaven. That still shakes me to my core when i think about it, but I have a smile on my face today because I know we did the right thing for him.
We love you Clayton Michael Henning, you wil forever be our little boy & we can't wait until we can see you again. Until then, may you have a wonderful life in heaven.
XOXO

1 comment: