In Loving Memory of Clayton

In Loving Memory of Clayton-

The mention of my child’s name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you really are my friend, please don’t keep me from hearing this beautiful music: It soothes my broken heart and fills my soul with love.



Monday, June 11, 2012

May you forever rest in peace

 Today I have done a lot of "thinking" about the past year and the losses & gifts we were given. With almost a year since Clayton flew with the angels onto heaven, we have lost another member of our family. 
Some of you may not know, but Marcus' uncle Steve lost his courageous battle with esophageal cancer on June 7th 2012. Steve was 40 years old, married and the father to 5 children. Losing Steve, almost 1 year after Clayton, it's brought back a lot of emotions & memories. While I said that we would not be "celebrating" Clayton's anniversary of his passing, I do still have it on my mind. Steve's Funeral was the first for us after Clayton's. It was again, bittersweet. As I carried my sweet baby girl into the church among the family per-session, I was reminded how it felt to walk in empty armed at Clayton's. As the pastor read aloud Steve's obit, the last line was about the people whom passed on before Steve. Clayton Michael Henning, was the last of those read. I know that Clayton was waiting in heaven for Steve's arrival, but it just was hard to hear, out loud, what we went through just 1 year ago. As I watched Marcus, as a pallbearer, so proudly carry his uncle to his final resting place, I couldn't help but weep for him. He was so strong. His heart had to be hurting and thinking of Clayton too. 
We know that both Clayton & Steve are in a wonderful place & finally free from pain. They are finally getting the chance to meet each other and oh what a joyous sight that must be.

May you forever rest in peace Steve & may you enjoy all your days in heaven until we can meet again.


No comments:

Post a Comment