In Loving Memory of Clayton

In Loving Memory of Clayton-

The mention of my child’s name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you really are my friend, please don’t keep me from hearing this beautiful music: It soothes my broken heart and fills my soul with love.



Wednesday, October 5, 2011

wherever you are- my love will find you

So you often hear me refer to Clayton's book or Clayton's story, well I'm talking about the best book ever!
"wherever you are, my love will find you" by Nancy Tillman.
This book is a must have for kids & adults! I was so excited this last weekend while out shopping, to see Kohl's had it as their special book & for $5!!! (kohls cover is different)
This is a book is my "must give" as a gift for children or baby gifts, I want everyone to know the power of love & why this book was so special to Clayton, Marcus & I. & why it has become the story behind his life!

So a little history on how this all came about to be "his" book-

So back when Marcus & I first found out we were expecting, I was at Target in the kids book section, & I find this book, I start to read it, as Im standing in the isle reading, tearing up, i realize i HAD to have it! It was so true! So I bought the book, long before anyone knew we were expecting. I'd read it occasionally while I was pregnant. Then when Clayton was born & so sick it was a must in the NICU, Marcus & I often read it to him and I could tell, he loved it as much as we did. Then after Clayton passed, the book made all the more sense and fit our story so much more. Love was now following him onto heaven. Wherever he was going, our love was finding him. At his funeral Chaplin Noelle read the book, we had wanted her to because it was the story behind our love for Clayton & we wanted him & everyone else to know the true love. I still read the book, when I'm having a hard day or just when I feel like it. I go in the nursery, sit in the recliner, & read, I sometimes read aloud, but others I just read to myself & Clayton. Because he will always be my first son & this will always be HIS book!

the little sparkles are the LOVE following wherever you go


"And if someday you’re lonely,
or someday you’re sad,
or you strike out at baseball,
or think you’ve been bad...

just lift up your face, feel the wind in your hair.
That’s me, my sweet baby, my love is right there.

In the green of the grass... in the smell of
the sea... in the clouds floating by...
at the top of a tree... in the sound
crickets make at the end of the day...

“You are loved. You are loved. You are
loved,” they all say.
I am in love with this book & it's message. It's a beautiful story of Love. And that was all the Clayton's life was about, LOVE.
No matter where you go Clayton, my Love will find you!
Because  
YOU ARE LOVED

No comments:

Post a Comment