In Loving Memory of Clayton

In Loving Memory of Clayton-

The mention of my child’s name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you really are my friend, please don’t keep me from hearing this beautiful music: It soothes my broken heart and fills my soul with love.



Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankfulness in November but lasting forever

So i have been giving it a lot of thought lately, about the month of November with Thanksgiving & the days of thankfulness.  Yes I too have so much to be thankful for. I know theres atleast something im thankful everyday for, maybe somedays more that others!
so I know im a bit behind- but im catching up!

NOVEMBER 1- I am thankful for how well we are healing, or should i say greiving. Im not sure that we will ever heal, the wound will just not be so raw. 5 months have passed since Clayton was born & 4 since he flew away with the angels to heaven. It hasn't been easy, but the pain has eased by looking ahead to our future with a smile & remembering the past with a bigger smile! because without the most devistating loss of our life, Clayton, I would not realize the beauty that is waiting for us! Life is beautiful, you just have to look for it.
NOVEMBER 2- I am thankful for Marcus, I didn't realize how wonderful he was ( ha ha, im not trying to be a cheese ball :), really until we spent 26 solid days together, fighting for the same cause. To save our son & to love him forever. I realized he had way more patience than i did, he changed diapers like a pro, he always new the right thing to say to calm me down & still does. But most of all, he had the strength & courage to cry with me, when we both needed it & for that I will forever be thankful.
NOVEMBER 3- I am thankful for our friends & family. I am not sure where we'd be without them. They have given us so much love & support. I am thankful for the kind words & encouraging quotes, always at the perfect moment, when i need to be reminded of how much we're loved!  I am thankful for everyone who hasnt experienced the crushing loss of a child, but i also am so thankful for the ones who have. Their words calm me & let me know, it will be ok. We will survive this. I am thankful we are not walking down this road alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment